1. When collecting firewood, use only dead wood that has already fallen to the ground – dead trees that are still upright are often home to insects, birds and animals.
2. Make sure all fires are completely extinguished and cleared before you leave.
3. Never burn plastic. It will pollute the air.
4. Only use soap that is 100% biodegradable. The soap you normally use may contaminate rivers and dams.
5. Never leave anything behind. This includes food packaging, bottles, tissues, paper or any other material – even if it seems biodegradable.