Makes 2 x 15cm cakes
125g butter, softened
2 extra large eggs
5ml vanilla essence
60ml cocoa powder
10ml baking powder
80ml SPUR Salad and French Fry Dressing
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 x 15cm cake tins with baking paper and spray with non-stick spray.
2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add one egg at a time and mix well after each addition.
4. Add vanilla essence and mix well.
5. Sift flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt together.
6. Add remaining ingredients, alternating between dry mixture, milk and SPUR Salad and French Fry Dressing. Divide batter between prepared tins.
7. Bake for 45-50 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
8. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Turn out onto a cooling rack and cool completely.
4 x basic chocolate cakes
750g butter, softened
1kg icing sugar, sifted
125ml cocoa powder
sweets and sprinkles to decorate
1. Mix butter, icing sugar and cocoa until smooth.
Place one cake on a flat serving dish or wooden board. Spread the chocolate icing and top with another cake. Repeat with remaining cakes to form a uniform tower.
Insert 3 skewers to secure cake.
Using a palette knife, cover the cake tower with a thin layer of chocolate icing from top to bottom. This is known as the dirty icing used to trap stray crumbs.
Spread the remaining chocolate icing over the tower and press lines into it to make it look like wood.
Decorate with sweets and sprinkles.